What is the PE and Sport Premium?
The PE and Sport Premium is a fund provided by the Government specifically with the aim of improving physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
This funding is jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and sees money going directly to primary schools to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The sport funding is ring-fenced and thus can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
All schools with 17 or more primary-aged pupils receive a lump sum of £8000 plus a premium of £5 per pupil. Smaller schools receive £500 per pupil.
Possible uses for the funding include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- new or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/sport
- providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs.
Please follow the link below for further details:
Number of Pupils and PE and Sport Grant (PSG) received 2016/2017 Financial Year (April 2016 – March 2017)
Total number of pupils on register (September 2016): 181 pupils (Years 1 to 6)
Total amount of funding received: £8,905